Child Support & Alimony

Morris County and Essex County, New Jersey Child Support Lawyer and Alimony Attorney

A divorce can present many financial hardships. For the parties involved, it can be difficult to know whether or not they will receive the security and support they need to move on. This can produce feelings of anxiety and fear.

At the Family Law Office of Marc P. Feldman, I provide legal services to those seeking financial support following a divorce. Whether you are looking to obtain child support to provide for your children or alimony to help you begin your fresh start, we can help. With more than 23 years of experience, I will do what it takes to provide you with the peace of mind you need. I have the best interests of you and your children at heart.

Wondering what your rights are? Contact us to schedule an appointment at my Morris Plains, New Jersey and Maplewood, New Jersey offices.

New Jersey Child Support Guidelines

When determining child support, the New Jersey courts consult statutory guidelines. They generally reach a decision by calculating a number of factors, including:

  • Net income of both parents
  • Number of children
  • Health insurance costs
  • Day care costs

Alimony and Spousal Support

Alimony may be awarded to either party in a divorce. I represent both men and women in alimony determinations. Unlike child support, there are no guidelines which the courts follow to determine a “fair amount”.

Representing Your Rights and Interests

When you come into my office, you will sit down with me to discuss how these factors relate to your case. I will then work to determine the necessary steps to achieve success. I have helped clients on both sides of this issue attain an outcome that fits their unique circumstances.

To speak with Morris County and Northern New Jersey child support attorney Marc P. Feldman about your situation, call my office at 973-267-7555  to schedule an appointment. You may also contact me online.

For More Information Regarding Family Law, please review this website further or link to my Website Devoted to Family Law.